Wavlink AC1200 WL-WN579X3 dual-band Extender comes with amazing Wi-Fi range and Wi-Fi stability. It comes with great facilities like leading 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard, high power amplifier, and beamforming technology. It comes with 2.4Ghz and 5GHz dual-band, so it comes future-ready. On the AC1200 Extender, there is GFI Outlet, LAN port, Status LED, WPS button, and heat dissipation area. It comes in a compact body and four high gain antennas. Wavlink Aerila X Extender will eliminate all your Wi-Fi dead zones after setup. Let’s start the Wavlink Aerial X AC1200 WL-WN579X3 extender setup VIA WPS:
- Open your Wavlink aerial x extender box and place the repeater closer to the Router.
- Connect your Wavlink wn579x3 to an electrical outlet.
- Check the router if it’s functioning properly and also comes with WPS Technolgy.
- Position the antennas in a way that can achieve maximum coverage.
- Locate the WPS button in both Wavlink Extender and your router.
- Press the ON button on the extender.
- Change the position of the “Access Point/Repeater/Router” button to the repeater.
- Now press your WPS button in Wavlink aerial x ac-1200 for less than 10 seconds.
- Then press the WPS button on the router within the next 2 minutes.
Note: Check the router’s Manual to know more about the WPS button on the router.
- Check whether Extender lights blue LED which implies Connection successful.
- Relocate Extender to the proper spot to achieve zero dead zones in your Workplace.
- Enjoy your Enhanced Wi-Fi experience with a wl-wn579x3 repeater.
Wavlink Aerial X AC1200 WL-WN579X3 SETUP as Repeater VIA WEB-UI
Wavlink AC1200 Extender Setup can be done with any online web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox which are recommended for an Extender-router connection. We can visit wifi.wavlink.com for connection.
- Check your router and Wavlink Aerial repeater are in working conditions.
- Connect the Extender to an electrical outlet which is in the range of your router.
- Position the antennas vertical to the ground for better coverage.
- Switch “ON/OFF” to “ON” side on the Extender.
- Please wait few seconds until POWER LED is on and solid green lights.
- Switch the Mode button to “Repeater” on the Wavlink wn579x3 repeater.
- Grab a device like a phone or a laptop to connect Extender to Router via wifi.wavlink.com.
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi signal having an SSID as “Wireless N” or “Wireless AC”.
- No password is required to connect for the very first time.
- Open any web browser from the same device.
- Enter any two URL from here, either type 192.168.10.1 or wifi.wavlink.com for Aerial X AC1200 wl-wn579x3 setup
- Type the default password as “admin” and press login.
- Now press the “wizard” option on the webpage and press “repeater”.
- Select the name of the router you need to connect and type the correct password for the same.
- Please wait a few minutes as it takes around 2 minutes for the setup to finish.
- Now to use from any device, and connect to the extended SSID of the Wavlink Extender and use the same password as a router.
Wavlink Aerial X AC1200 WL-WN579X3 setup as AP/ACCESS POINT
Wavlink Extender can be used as a repeater and as an Access Point. You can connect your quality Ethernet cable to your LAN port in Wavlink Extender to create a Wi-Fi hotspot. You can setup an AC1200 WL-WN579X3 as Access Point from any android/ios device or any Desktop/Laptop.
- Connect your Aerial X AC1200 repeater into an Electrical outlet.
- Rearrange the external antennas to achieve better coverage.
- Switch ON the Extender with OFF/ON button on the wn579x3 repeater.
- Turn the Mode button to “Access Point” on the Aerial x.
- Locate the LAN port on it and insert the Wired ethernet cable.
- Connect to the Wavlink extender’s Wi-Fi from the device you wish to connect by choosing the SSID name. No password needed the first time.
- Open the Web browser from the same device and enter either one of the URLs 192.168.10.1 or wifi.wavlink.com
- Enter the password as “admin”(default password).
- Click “Wizard” from the page and select “AP”
- Please wait a few minutes and once the percentage bar reaches a hundred, you’re ready to use.
- Now you can use your Wi-Fi in your no dead-zone workplace/home.
WL-WN579X3 repeater Firmware Update
Wavlink Extender will do the timely updates for you for better performance and to fix bugs. Extender’s software is equally important as hardware and so we have mentioned the steps to update your WL-WN579X3 repeater Firmware.
We can find out how to update your firmware of your Wavlink Aerial AC-1200 Extender through the following steps.
- To check whether there is an update for your Wavlink extender, You need to connect any device.
- Open any web browser from the device.
- Enter the URL “wifi.wavlink.com” or “192.168.10.1” in the address field.
- Press the update” in the “settings” menu.
- Locate and click the “Check Online” button.
- If there is an update, please follow the prompts and download them into your device.
- After extracting the file you downloaded, click the browse button and locate the extracted files.
- Upload the file from your device.
- The firmware update will soon start and your Wavlink Extender will be updated soon.
Firmware updates make Wavlink Extender more fast, stable, and reliable. The firmware update improves your Extender at a minor or big level. No proper update can make the system less efficient and less secure.
How to reset Reset Aerial X AC1200 WL-WN579X3?
Wavlink Extenders are easy to use and super fast, but sometimes you need to reset the system due to various reasons like reselling your Extender, problem with the firmware. Follow the steps to understand the aerial x reset process. The factory reset will reset all your settings and all the data.
- Pick any clip/pencil.
- Locate the Factory Reset hole on the Wavlink Aerial X Extender.
- Press the Factory reset button for seven seconds.
- After seven seconds, release the button.
- The extender will soon restart with factory default settings.
Note: Please wait about one minute to fully reboot the Extender.
You can reset your Extender via a Web browser as well. We can go through steps now briefly.
- Enter the Extender management page.
- Press “Reset” from the “Backup/Restore” on the setup page.
- Please wait a few seconds.
- After a few minutes, the repeater will reset to factory default settings.