With 4 external antennas you can bet for getting unparalleled WiFi range throughout your homes or offices. With easy Setup and Installation, you can start getting the Internet through it withing minutes. It is compatible with most routers available in the market with IEEE 802.11a/ac/n/g/b standards. It is plug and play with WPS supported its setup hardly takes 15 seconds. It supports three modes “Router/Repeater/AP”, which you can change according to your need. One thing you have to remember is though that while switching the modes you will have to reset and reconfigure it again. Let’s start the Victony AC1200 extender setup-
Victony WA1200 Range Extender Setup via browser
- First of all, you need to place the extender halfway between your router and the place where you need to reduce the connectivity issues.
- Make sure you should be at least getting 50% of the signals from your router to the extender here.
- Now, switch on the ac1200 extender and toggle the switch to “repeater/extender mode” on it.
- Wait until the power LED on it turns stable or solid green.
- Grab any of your phone/tablet/laptop goto your WiFi settings and connect to the Victony WiFi network name. It must be coming up as Victony_extender or Wireless-N.
- Connect to it, at first it will show you as an open network so no password will be needed while connecting to it.
- Once connected it will show “no internet”. Now open a browser.
- In the address bar type, 192.168.10.1 or ap.setup login window will appear now.
- Type username and password as “admin”.
- Select the network name that you want to extend and type its password to confirm it.
- Now after applying the settings it will reboot for around 60 seconds and then you can connect your devices to it.
- Connect your devices to the victony ac1200 repeater network that will come up as (SSID_EXT) in your WiFi list.
Configure AC1200 Victony extender via WPS
- For victony ac1200 extender setup via WPS you will have to plug in both router and repeater in the same room.
- Wait for power LED to turn stable on ac1200, then push the WPS button on it.
- Now you will have to press and hold the WPS on your configured router for around 2 seconds.
- Lights will blink on both the devices and within 15-20 seconds the lights will stop, that confirms successful setup.
- WPS LED on the victony wa1200 repeater will turn stable or solid green. If not then reset the extender and try it again.
- Now you can unplug the extender and you can place it wherever you would like within the range of the router.
- It will show up as your SSID_EXT in your wifi list and password will be same as your router’s WiFi password.
Victony AC1200 Setup as an Access Point
No doubt the speed in access point mode is faster than range extender mode. If you are okay with using 20-30 feet long ethernet cable or if you have ethernet wiring installed in your walls then it will be best option for you. Before we start the process make sure you toggle the switch on the device to Access Point mode. Lets start WA1200 setup as access point-
- Plugin your ac1200 at the place where you want to use it.
- Now connect an ethernet cable from LAN port of your repeater to the LAN port on your router.
- From any of your devices like phone/laptop/tablet connect to victony extender network name showing up in your WiFi list.
- Once connected open a browser on the same device and then in the URL or Address Bar type 192.168.10.1.
- It will take you to the Victony ac1200 extender setup page. Type username and password as “admin” there.
- In setup wizard select “access point mode” and hit next.
- It will ask you to create a new SSID, security type, and password for your AP.
- Once done it will reboot and you will be able to connect your devices to the newly created network.
- Since this extender supports dual ethernet port so you will be able to connect your other devices via ethernet to the ac1200 repeater.
Install Victony Ac 1200 as a Router.
This small device works wonders. All three in one mode is quire impressive feature available in this. Now some of us travel a lot and connecting to open network sometimes create trouble since it will be an open network. Make sure you have switched the button to “Router Mode” on the device. So, you can create a new network with the help of this device and create a passcode as well. so, let’s understand the victony wa1200 setup as router-
- For this setup you will have to connect the internet cable coming from your ISP or modem into the WAN port of victony AC1200.
- Now from your laptop/phone etc connect to victony network wirelessly. Or you can even connect an ethernet cable from LAN port on ac1200 to your computer.
- Open browser and type 192.168.10.1 for victony login. On setup page type “admin” for username and password.
- Select “router mode” in setup wizard, and select your ISP Type.
- After following the on-screen instructions your victony ac1200 router will reboot.
- Now you will be able to connect your devices.
- Click here to download Victony Ac1200 Repeater Pdf Manual.