Trendnet TEW-822DRE V2 extender Setup can be done via web browser GUI/ manual setup or WPS. Before we start the setup we need to make sure we fulfill the basic requirement for a smooth setup. Firstly, We Should have the Wireless Router with working Internet. Also, you need to arrange a Computer/laptop/cell phone & Network cable or ethernet cable. Make sure the Extender should be plugged in within the range of your Wireless Router
Setup Trendnet TEW-822DRE V2 via 192.168.10.100 or http://tew-822dre
- The First step is to plugin the TEW-822DRE Extender into the power outlet.
- Then you need to set the switch on extender mode.
- Now you need to connect the Ethernet cable in between the Extender & the Computer.
- Open a browser & in the address bar type http:// TEW-822DRE or http://192.168.10.100.
- Setup page will open automatically where you need to start the Wizard then click on Next.
- The TEW-822DRE will ask to change the Default password then you need to create your New Password.
- Wizard will ask how you want to use this extender click on Manual then Next.
- The tenda extender will perform a site survey for available Wi-Fi networks.
- You need to choose your Main Router’s WI-FI SSID which you want to extend.
- Then you need to enter your Main Router’s Password.
- Tenda TEW-822DRE will automatically configure on your router’s network name (and WiFi key), Click Next again.
Note: You can opt to have a different WiFi SSID for the extended network. However, every time you roam in your home then you will need to manually switch between your router and extender network. By keeping the same SSID for both extender and router your devices will automatically connect to the strongest signal available.
Setup TEW-822DRE Extender With WPS
- Firstly the TEW-822DRE extender should be plugin within the range of your main router like within 5-10 feet.
- Then you need to press the WPS Button On the Extender & within 30Sec, You need to press it on the Router as well.
- Now your extender & Router will initiate for pairing.
- The WPS light will stop blinking & that confirms successful WPS process. Solid WPS light confirms that.
- If the tenda extender does not connect then repeat steps 3-5 after unplugging the extender for 5 minutes.
- Once the Trendnet TEW-822DRE extender setup is done then you can unplug it & move it to the place where you want to use it. But make sure it should be plugin within the Range of your router
- Click here to download Trendnet Extender Manual